<p>Full file at http://testbank360.eu/test-bank-abnormal-psychology-5th-edition-oltmanns
Causes of Abnormal Behavior
1. John has been suffering with depression for years. He is irritable, can’t
concentrate, and is beginning to lose interest in most activities. His mother is
convinced the cause of his depression is the break up with his wife. What would
a therapist tell his mother?
a) John needs to deal with issues regarding his wife.
b) John should attempt to reconcile with his wife.
c) John’s depression is the result of several factors.
d) Medication could possibly help with John’s depression.
Answer: c, p. 29, Conceptual, Medium
2. The etiology of a problem behavior is its
Answer: a, p. 29, Definitional, Easy
3. Which of the following was not a theory psychologists followed which
purported to explain causal factors of disorders?
Answer: c, p. 29, Definitional, Medium
4. Which term is used for a way of looking at scientific problems and a set of
assumptions about how scientists should collect and test a theory?
Answer: b, p. 29, Definitional, Medium
5. Most forms of abnormal behavior are thought to be caused by
c) a single cause.
d) multiple factors.
Answer: d, p. 29, Definitional, Easy
Full file at http://testbank360.eu/test-bank-abnormal-psychology-5th-edition-oltmanns
6. A distinguished researcher reviewed the current findings on the etiology of
mental disorders. Which of the following is the best summary of the consensus
a) Most mental disorders are the result of genetic abnormalities.
b) We do not currently know all of the specific causes of most
c) Unconscious factors have been overlooked as the root cause of