OZARK R-VI SCHOOLS
TITLE: ATHLETIC DIRECTOR/ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR
1. Baccalaureate Degree in Education or higher and current teaching certification.
2. Minimum of three years experience in coaching and/or athletic administration
3. Excellent organizational skills
4. Ability to supervise others
5. Excellent communication skills; ability to work with students, faculty and general
public in a diplomatic, friendly and efficient manner.
6. Any equivalent combination of education and experience
REPORT TO: Secondary Principals
JOB GOAL: To administer the athletic/activity program in an efficient and orderly fashion, allowing
maximum opportunity for participation while consistently adhering to the standards of the MAHBSAA and
the Ozark R-VI School District, and contributing to the educational program for all students.
1. In conjunction with coaches, schedules all interscholastic athletic contests for grades 7-12.
2. Hires officials for all home athletic contests; verifies officials on game day.
3. Schedules necessary personnel, including gatekeepers, scorers, clock operators and chain crews, to
work at home contests; verifies workers on game day.
4. Establishes budgets for all activities; reviews/approves purchaser orders for equipment and supplies for
5. Maintains current inventories for each sport.
6. Advertises athletic staff vacancies; receives applications; oversees the screening process; schedules
interviews; makes recommendations for filling vacancies.
7. Determines student eligibility in regard to MSHSAA and Ozark R-VI standards.
8. Works as liaison between the activity staff and administration.
9. Works in conjunction with the speech and music department to establish contest and concert dates and
10. Coordinates/schedules all gym use.
11. Works as the school’s official representative for athle