A Unique, Innovative,
Simplifies & Expedites Contracting
Increases User Flexibility
Presents Funding Solution Alternatives
Key Points of Contact:
Chuck Sypula, Business Development, TechTrend 703-304-8189
Lisa Jackson, Business Development, TechTrend 703-626-7917
Peter Hart, BOA Operations, TechTrend 703-304-0727
TechTrend, Inc. – www.techtrend.us
Deb Arentsen, DITCO, 618-229-9661, email@example.com
• The TechTrend BOA (Basic Ordering Agreement) is an 8(a) contract awarded to TechTrend
by the Defense Information Technology Contracting Organization (DITCO), a premier
contracting organization for the Defense Department’s Defense Information Systems Agency
(DISA), located at Scott AFB in St. Louis, Missouri.
• It is a GWAC (Government Wide Acquisition Contract) which means it can be utilized by
any Government activity, DOD or Civilian as a means of making procurements.
• The BOA is structured with only three (3) generic CLINs, -- Hardware, Software and
Service -- allowing for any specific Vendor product to be procured against it.
• The BOA allows the ordering activity to fund its procurement via either outright purchase or
various installment payment plan arrangements.
• As with all GWACs, Agencies that utilize the TechTrend BOA are charged a fee by DITCO
for its contracting services; 1% should the ordering activity make a procurement directly
against the BOA and 1.25% should DITCO conduct the procurement. The DITCO fee in
either event is incremental to and above the awarded project cost.
Single Source Procurement
Because TechTrend is an 8(a) categorized company, and because the TechTrend BOA is an
8(a) awarded vehicle, any procurement made against it is negotiated and price justified rather
than competed. This means that the procuring activity always gets exactly the solution that it
has chosen at an ‘at market’ or ‘below market’ price guaranteed.
Use of the TechTrend BOA makes the contracting