1. Enter the NAME of the PERSON MAKING DISTANCE SALES to the UK. Write in BLOCK LETTERS and leave a
space between words
2. Enter the NAME of the UK TAX REPRESENTATIVE (see note 2)
3. Please give the ADDRESS of the TAX REPRESENTATIVE or the ADDRESS of the PERSON NAMED at box 1 if a
tax representative has not been appointed
4. Describe your main BUSINESS ACTIVITY IN FULL please (See note 4)
5. Who is the BUSINESS OWNED by ? (See Note 5 and tick ONE BOX only)
Please ensure you ALSO complete form VAT 2.
or Limited Company
Please give details
6. Enter your UK BANK DETAILS or YOUR TAX REPRESENTATIVE'S BANK DETAILS: (See Note 6)
Bank Sort Code
Giro Bank Account Number
7. Do you use a COMPUTER FOR ACCOUNTING ? (See Note 7 and tick one box only) YES
8. Has the value of your DISTANCE SALES to customers in the UK exceeded the UK distance selling threshold at any
time in the calendar year commencing 1st January 1993 or any subsequent calendar year?
and I exceeded the threshold on
Go to 11
Go to 9
CD 3429/1/N3 (11/92)
9. Have you exercised the OPTION TO MAKE THE PLACE OF SUPPLY THE UK, although you have NOT exceeded
the UK threshold? (see note 9)
Tick one box
Go to 10
and the option was exercised in
Please enter the date of your first taxable supply in the UK
10. Do you intend to make distance sales of GOODS LIABLE TO EXCISE DUTY to the UK?
Go to 12
Please enter the estimated date of your first taxable supply in the UK.
11. (See note 11 - this is VERY IMPORTANT)
I am REQUIRED TO BE REGISTERED from
But I would LIKE TO BE REGISTERED from this earlier date
Go to 13
12. Do you intend to exercise the OPTION TO MAKE THE PLACE OF SUPPLY of your distance sales the UK?
Please enter the estimated date of your first taxable supply in the UK
The date from which I wish to be registered is
13. Please enter the ESTIMATED VALUE OF DISTANCE SALES you expect to make to the UK in the next 12 months