Service Repair Manual
345B and 345B L Series II
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contamination of the hydraulic system with foreign material will
reduce the service life of the hydraulic system components.
To prevent contaminants from entering the hydraulic system, always
plug or cap the lines, fittings, or hoses as they are disconnected. Cover
any disassembled components and clean them properly before
Clean the hydraulic system properly after any major component
exchange or especially after a component failure, to remove any
Note: If a failure occurs, an accurate diagnosis of the cause can prevent a recurrence. Information
is available to analyze failures for piston pumps and motors. Refer to Special Publication,
SEBD0641, "Analyzing Axial Piston Pump and Motor Failures".
Note: Inspect all parts. If any parts are worn or damaged use new parts for replacement. The
installation of used parts during reconditioning is acceptable. Reuse and salvage information is
available on piston pumps. Refer to Guideline for Reusable Parts and Salvage Operations,
SEBF8032, "Piston Pumps and Motors". During reconditioning, correct any conditions that might
have caused the original failure.
1. Thoroughly clean the outside of the travel motor prior to disassembly. Fasten the travel
motor to a suitable holding fixture in a vertical position. The weight of the travel motor is
141 kg (310 lb).
2. Remove displacement change valve (1) from the head of the travel motor.
345B L Series II Excavators ALB00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY 3176C Eng...
3. Remove three O-ring seals (2) and two rings (3) from the displacement change valve.
4. Remove three plugs (5) from the head. Remove an O-ring seal from each plug.
5. Remove six outer bolts (4) from the head of the travel motor.