Assistant Property Manager
April 8, 2009
NeighborWorks New Horizons
235 Grand Avenue
New Haven, CT 06513
Work Hours: Full-Time, 40 hours, flexible
Senior Property Manager
• Associate’s/Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 years of experience, preferably in a non-profit
• Knowledge of general accounting principles, general ledger, accounts payable and accounts
• Computer literate. Ability to work with various software programs. Proficient in Word, Excel and
• Knowledge of provate, state and federal funding including but not limited to HUD, AHP, HOME
• Strong organizational and communication skills, creative problem solving skills, ability and
desire to learn and willingness to take direction and function as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Verify resident and applicant income and assets, determine resident rents and membership
fee charges, prepare certifications and re-certifications in accordance with CHFA and HUD
2. Prepare Occupancy and Membership Agreements.
3. Prepare and maintain appropriate rental records, correspondence and file notes.
1. Regularly inspect and report on the overall cleanliness and condition of the units, buildings
and grounds, noting deficiencies, and items requiring routine maintenance, contractual
repairs or replacement.
1. Attends training sessions or other relevant training opportunities including LIHTC
Compliance Certification, Certified Housing Asset Manager training or equivalent.
Dependent upon experience
Submissions will be accepted until May 9, 2009. Resumes can be emailed
to Bonnie Ballantyne, Director of Finance firstname.lastname@example.org