FY06 Quarterly SMI Bonus Plan
Director, Principal, Staff, Staff Associate, and Associate/Clerical
The Quarterly SMI Bonus Plan “(the Plan)” is designed to reward eligible employees (“Participants”) for their contribution to
Sun’s success through the achievement of specific SMI financial goals in each quarter during the Fiscal year of 2006. The
Company retains the right to amend, supplement, supersede, or terminate the Plan at any time and for any reason. Exceptions to
this policy may exist based upon local laws and regulations.
Plan Year/Performance Periods
The Plan year is Sun’s fiscal year 2006. The performance periods are each of Sun’s four fiscal quarters during that fiscal year.
To be eligible, employees and new hires must be in a Plan-eligible position as of:
• September 1 st , 2005 to participate in the FY06 Q1 Bonus.
• December 1 st , 2005 to participate in the FY06 Q2 Bonus
• March 1 st , 2006 to participate in the FY06 Q3 Bonus
And employees must be on Company Payroll through the following dates, respectively:
• June 1 st , 2006 to participate in the FY06Q4 Bonus
• September 25 th , 205 for FY06 Q1 Bonus
• December 25 th , 2005 for FY06 Q2 Bonus
• March 26 th , 2006 for FY06 Q3 Bonus
Note: In the U.S., only regular active employees who are scheduled to work twenty (20) or more hours per week are eligible to
participate in the Plan. Outside the U.S., eligibility is determined by job grade and local legislation.
The following employees are ineligible for Plan participation (Exceptions to this policy may exist outside of the U.S. based upon
local laws and regulations.) :
• June 30 th , 2006 for FY06 Q4 Bonus
• Employees who are scheduled to work fewer than twenty (20) hours per week (U.S. only)
• Sun temporary workers, contractors, vendors, partners, interns, visiting professors and all other workers who are non-