25 THINGS TO LOVE ABOUT ADHD
HOW TO SPREAD THE WORD
7 MYTHS ABOUT ADHD...DEBUNKED!
SNAPPY COMEBACKS TO ADD DOUBTERS
Resources for spreading awareness
1. Insomnia makes for more time to
stay up and surf the net!
2. The drive of HYPERFOCUS.
4. A sparkling PERSONALITY.
5. Generosity with money, time,
7. A strong sense of what is FAIR.
8. Willingness to take a RISK.
9. Making far-reaching analogies that
no one else understands.
11. Possessing the mind of a
Pentium—with only 2 MBs of RAM.
12. Pleasant surprises due to finding
clothing (or money or spouses)
you had forgotten about.
13. Willingness to fight for what you
14. Being FUNNY.
15. Being the last of the ROMANTICS.
16. Being a good conversationalist.
17. An innately better understanding
of intuitive technologies, such as
computers or PDAs.
18. Honestly believing that ANYTHING
19. Rarely being satisfied with the
22. Joining the ranks of artists, musi-
cians, entrepreneurs and other
23. Always being there to provide a
24. Excellence in MOTIVATING
25. Being highly organized,
punctual, and generally responsi-
ble (OK, so I lied!).
25 Things to Love
About ADD by Bob Seay
To learn more about ADHD, go to www.additudemag.com.
1BE A MYTH-BUSTER. Copy “7 Myths about ADHD”
(available at additudemag.com) and hand it out to teach-
ers, friends, relatives. Leave copies at local libraries, doctors’
offices, and schools.
2CULTIVATE NEWS COVERAGE. Contact your
local newspaper or TV station.Tell the editors or produc-
ers about National ADHD Awareness Day, and urge them to
prepare related stories—about high-achieving local ADDers,
about the medical aspects of ADHD, about a teacher you
think has been especially helpful. Write a letter to the editor
of the newspaper, or submit an op-ed piece, using the infor-
mation in “7 Myths about ADHD.”