This Employment Agreement (the "Agreement") is made and entered into in Chelmsford, Massachusetts by and
between Brooks Automation, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the "Company") and Thomas S. Grilk (the
"Executive"), as of October 24, 2005.
1. The Company desires to continue to employ the Executive as Senior Vice President and General Counsel of
the Company upon the terms and conditions set forth herein.
2. In consideration of the employment to be provided hereby as provided herein and the Indemnification
Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit A, the Executive has entered into the Executive Invention, Nondisclosure,
Non-Competition and Non-Solicitation Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit B.
For and in consideration of the mutual promises, terms, provisions and conditions contained in this Agreement,
the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Duties. The Company shall continue to employ Executive on an at will basis as Senior Vice President and
General Counsel of the Company. Executive shall report to the Company's President and CEO. Executive shall
have such reasonable and appropriate duties as may from time to time be assigned by the President & CEO,
which duties shall include, without limitation, responsibility for the Corporate Legal Affairs. Executive shall
perform the duties of such office as are provided for in the bylaws of the Company subject to the general
supervision and direction of the President and CEO and the Company's board of directors (the "Board of
2. At Will Employment. Subject to Section 6 and the termination provisions contained therein, the Executive's
employment under this Agreement shall be on an at will basis (the actual period of Executive's employment with
the Company is referred to herein as the "Employment Term").
3. Other Activities. Subject to the terms and conditions of the Executive Invention, Non-Disclosure, Non-
Competition and Nonsolicitation Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit B, Executive may