The Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe (IDM), Vienna 28.-30.10.2010,
"Cultural Changes in Central- and South East Europe after 1989" CALL FOR
The Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe (IDM), Vienna, is organizing
The Young Scientists Forum (YSF) on Central- and South East Europe
Aims of the project:
- Motivation and reinforcement of young scientists to engage in the regions of Central
and South East Europe;
- Presentation of research projects for the public;
- Promoting exchange of information and creation of networking;
- Promotion of mobility;
- Publication of the contributions.
Young scientists dealing with Central and South East Europe in the fields of cultural
studies, history, comparative literature, European ethnology, media studies, political
sciences, geography and sociology.
Date and location:
The symposium will take place in October 28-29, 2010 at the Austrian Academy of
- Lectures by high level experts and young scientists;
- Presentation of research papers/projects prepared by the
- (Plenary) discussions;
- Social and cultural programme on October 30th.
Applications for participation may be handed in by e-mail by February 22, 2010 and
should include a CV and an abstract (1 page) of the research project/paper that shall be
presented and discussed at the symposium.
Costs for travel expenses and accommodation will be granted by IDM.
Language: English and German (German speaking applicants can submit their
applications also in German language).
Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe (IDM)
Ms. Gejsi PLAKU
Tel.: +43-1 319 72 58-24