1. Which two conditions have favored adoption of 802.11g over 802.11a?
• 802.11a suffers from a shorter range than 802.11g.
The 2.4 GHz frequency band is not as crowded as the 5 GHz band.
802.11a is more susceptible to RF interference from common commercial items.
802.11a uses a more expensive modulation technique than 802.11g.
• 802.11g is backward compatible with 802.11b, but 802.11a is not.
2. Which two statements concerning network security are accurate? (Choose
802.11i uses 3DES for encryption.
• Open authentication uses no client or AP verification.
The 802.11i protocol is functionally identical to WPA.
• 802.11i incorporates a RADIUS server for enterprise authentication.
A wireless client first associates with an AP and then authenticates for network
3. Which installation method will allow connectivity for a new wireless
set up WEP on the access point only
• set up open access on both the access point and each device connected to it
set up full encryption on the access point while leaving each device connected to
the network open
set up full encryption on each device of the WLAN while leaving the access
point settings open
4. Refer to the exhibit. When configuring the wireless access point, which
setting does the network administrator use to configure the unique identifier that
client devices use to distinguish this wireless network from others?
• Network Name (SSID)
5. Which two statements are true regarding wireless security? (Choose two.)
MAC address filtering prevents the contents of wireless frames from being
Providing a wireless client with the network key allows an available network to
Disabling an access point from broadcasting the SSID prevents the access point
from being discovered.
• Default SSIDs on specific manufacturer APs are generally known and may
permit hostile wireless connections.
• Manually adding a ne