AMENDMENT NO. 3
SENSIENT TECHNOLOGIES TRANSITION RETIREMENT PLAN
WHEREAS, Sensient Technologies Corporation. (the "Company") maintains the Sensient Technologies
Transition Retirement Plan (the "Plan"); and
WHEREAS, the Company has submitted the Plan to the Internal Revenue Service (the "IRS") for a determination
on the continued qualified status of the Plan as a consequence of legislation enacted over the past several years
WHEREAS, as part of the review process, the IRS has requested that the following amendments to the Plan be
adopted in order to obtain a favorable GUST determination letter.
NOW THEREFORE, the Plan is hereby amended in the following respects effective as of the dates specified
1. Section 6.5(d)(2)(A) of the Plan shall be amended effective as of December 31, 1999 by the addition of the
following to the end thereof to read as follows:
"and a hardship distribution made on or after January 1, 2000 meeting the requirements of Section 402(k)(2)(B)
(I)(IV) of the Internal Revenue Code."
2. Section 9.2 of the Plan is deleted in its entirety effective as of January 1, 2000 and Sections "9.3", "9.4", "9.5"
and "9.6" are accordingly renumbered Sections "9.2", "9.3", "9.4" and "9.5", respectively.
3. Section 9.2(c) of the Plan (as renumbered) shall be amended effective as of January 1, 2001 by the addition of
the following sentence to the end thereof to read as follows:
"For Plan Years beginning after December 31, 1997 in addition to the amounts specified in paragraphs (a), (b)
and (c) of this Section 9.3, and this paragraph (c) of this Section 9.3, compensation shall also include any elective
contributions to a qualified transportation fringe benefit program under Section 132(f)(4) of the Internal Revenue
4. Section 10.6 of the Plan is retitled as "Top-Heavy Plan Definitions and Ratios" effective as of January 1, 2000.
5. Section 10.6 of the Plan is further amended by deleting its second to last sentence in its