Residency Program Supervisors
Denise Thanepohn, O.D.
Duration of Agreement
July 15 through July 22
Number of Positions
One (1) residency position available each year
Salary of $35,000 per year paid on a monthly
basis. Housing stipend of $750 per month.
The normal hours of clinic operation are 9 a.m.
to 6 p.m. Clinic is open Monday-Saturday with
resident days Tuesday-Saturday. Four (4) hours
of work per week is allotted for professional
Residents accrue 15 days of paid annual leave
which also covers any sick leave. There are eight
paid holidays annually. The program supports
residents in attending three (3) CE, including
the Northwest Residents Conference. Medical,
dental, and life insurance is paid 100% by the
Professional Liability Protection
Residents are protected from alleged malpractice
or negligence resulting from their performance of
duties by malpractice insurance paid for by the
Certificate of Completion
A certificate of completion will be awarded to the
resident upon satisfactory completion of residency
1. Provide opportunities for in-depth clinical
experience specializing in contact lenses,
anterior segment condition and primary
2. Encourage the resident to develop as a
specialist in contact lenses and primary care,
by serving as a consulting/attending doctor for
3. Offer a broad experience in primary care.
4. Offer experience in teaching anterior segment,
contact lenses and modification.
5. Encourage the resident’s pursuit of scholarly
and didactic activities.
6. Stimulate a commitment to service in the
1. The resident must pass each evaluation by the
2. The resident must perform patient care in a
competent and safe manner in accordance
with AOA Clinical Practice Guidelines.
3. The resident must maintain a high degree
of professional ethics within the work