Bentley Publishers is proud to announce the publication of the
BMW Z3 Service Manual: 1996-2002. This repair manual super-
sedes our 1996 through 1998 BMW Z3 repair manual with four
more model years of coverage, and repair information for the M
Coupe and M Roadster. With extensive new information as well
as revisions throughout, this book is the comprehensive source
of service information and technical specifications available for
the BMW Z3 Roadster, Z3 Coupe, M Roadster, and M Coupe.
• Maintenance procedures from brake fluid changes to interpret-
ing the malfunction indicator light (MIL). This manual tells
you what to do, how and when to do it, and why it is important.
• Engine and cylinder head service, including valve clearance
adjustment on the S54 engine.
• Information for specific driveability problems, including
explanation of engine management systems and OBD II
(On-board Diagnostics II).
• Theory of operation and repair information for Bosch DME
M5.2, Siemens DME MS 41.1, MS 42.1, MS 43.0, and MS S54
engine management, DISA (dual resonance intake system),
resonance/turbulence intake manifold and single and double
VANOS (Variable Camshaft Timing).
• Drivetrain maintenance, troubleshooting, adjustment and
repair, including hydraulic clutch, gearshift linkage, and
• Heating and air-conditioning repair, including A/C component
• Body adjustments and repairs, including convertible top
replacement and adjustment.
• Wiring schematics and extensive electrical component section
specifying power distribution, grounds, and component
locations with detailed illustrations and photos.
• Comprehensive BMW factory tolerances, wear limits and
tightening torques that you have come to expect from Bentley
Service Manual: 1996-2002
1.9, 2.3, 2.5i, 2.8, 3.0i, 3.2
including Z3 Roadster, Z3 Coupe,
M Roadster, M Coupe
Bentley Stock Number: BZ02
Publication Date: 2005.apr.1
Softcover, 8 3/8 in. x 11 in.
1152 pages, 862