CCNA Discovery Working at a Small-to-Medium Business or ISP (Version 4.1)
Chapter 6 With 100% Accurate Answers
1. Which command is used to view the RIP routing protocol settings and
show ip route
**show ip protocols
2. Refer to the exhibit. What is the maximum number of RIP routers that
could separate HostA and HostB and still leave the hosts with connectivity
to each other?
3. In which situation would a company register for its own autonomous
system number (ASN)?
when the company's ISP adds connection points to the Internet
when additional routers are added to the corporate internetwork
when more than one interior routing protocol is used
**when the company uses two or more ISPs
4. Consider this routing table entry
R 172.16.1.0/24 [120/1] via 18.104.22.168 00:00:27 Serial0/1
What type of route is this?
a static route
a default route
**a RIP route
an OSPF route
an EIGRP route
a directly-connected route
5. What is the difference between interior and exterior routing protocols?
Exterior routing protocols are only used by large ISPs. Interior routing protocols
are used by small ISPs.
Interior routing protocols are used to route on the Internet. Exterior routing
protocols are used inside organizations.
Exterior routing protocols are used to administer a single autonomous system.
Interior routing protocols are used to administer several domains.
**Interior routing protocols are used to communicate within a single
autonomous system. Exterior routing protocols are used to communicate
between multiple autonomous systems.
6. What information is included in RIPv2 routing updates that is not
included in RIPv1 updates?
autonomous system number
7. Which routing protocol is used to exchange data between two different
8. Refer to the exhibit. Which confi