FMCSA Technical Support
FMCSA Technical Support Project Manager
September 30, 2004
Release of SAFER Version 4.6
The following changes will be implemented in FMCSA Safety and Fitness Electronic Records
system (SAFER) Version 4.6 effective October 1, 2004.
1. Enhancement (CR24) – This version of SAFER will significantly improve the
performance of XML T0022 transaction. This CR was first implemented in the April
release where the processing time was reduced by four times for transaction T0022.
More performance tuning has been implemented in this release to lower the processing
to within a 30 minute timeframe.
2. Enhancement (CR51) –This version of SAFER will introduce a new transaction
T0022D. This will allow the CVISN/PRISM states to remove unwanted T0022
transaction data uploaded in previous submissions. Only the authoritative source will be
allowed to remove the data from SAFER database using T0022D upon validating the
ownership of the data.
3. Enhancement (CR96) – This version of SAFER will include a change in the SAFER
web service to include a user specifiable style sheet argument.
4. Enhancement (CR110) –This version of SAFER will implement a purge routine to
remove vehicle registration records when their registration expiration dates are older
than two years.
5. Enhancement (CR112) –This version of SAFER will include new set of allowed values
for the POST CRASH violation field of the Inspection Report.
6. Enhancement (CR119) –This version of SAFER has modified the existing Inspection
Purge procedure so that the retention time for Inspection Reports would double from 90
days to 180 days.
7. Enhancement (CR127) – In order to simplify the operation process and improve the
efficiency of L&I loading, this version of SAFER has automated t