Chapter 4: Scheduling Services for Your Customers
CHAPTER 4: SCHEDULING SERVICES FOR YOUR
Actively participating during this lesson helps users:
• Navigate and book service activities in the Service Calendar
• Schedule a service activity for your customers
• Close, Cancel or reschedule a service activity
• View service activities and appointments
• Set Customer preferences for a service activity
This lesson discusses the scheduling process and scheduling service activities in
great detail since this is a key entry point in the scheduling process. The lesson
begins by scheduling services, and then discusses the other activities related to
Microsoft CRM Service Scheduling
The Microsoft® CRM Service Scheduling feature uses the following concepts:
• Selection Rules: Group resources into "sets". These "sets" of
resources are then used to manage the scheduling and tracking of
• Resources: Includes people (workforce), equipment, facilities, and
• Resource Groups: Individual resources can be grouped such that
when one resource is scheduled; all other resources belonging to the
member group are also scheduled.
• For example: users may group a driver and a particular vehicle. Then
when the driver is scheduled for a particular job, his vehicle is also
Resources are users, facilities, or equipment that either perform the service or are
required to perform a service. Individual resources have work schedules that
define when they are available to work. Resource groups and teams are a pool of
resources whose individuals can be scheduled in the same way.
When the service is scheduled, anyone from the resource or group can be
selected. Which resources are required to perform a service is defined in the
service's selection rules.
To schedule a service activity, users first select the service and then search for an
available time. Microsoft CRM uses the service'