Applebee's Low-Fat Asian Chicken Salad
Yield: 1 Servings
1 c teriyaki marinade
4 chicken breast fillets
**Fat-Free Asian Dressing**
2 c water
1/2 c granulated sugar
3 T dry pectin
1 T white vinegar
1/2 t soy sauce
1 t salt
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t black pepper,Ground
1/4 t paprika
8 c romaine lettuce,Chopped
8 c iceberg lettuce,Chopped
3 c red cabbage,Shredded
3 c green cabbage,Shredded
2 c carrots,Shredded
1 c green onion,Chopped
1 1/3 c crispy chow mein noodles
1. Combine teriyaki marinade and chicken breasts in a medium bowl or
resealable plastic bag. Marinate chicken for 3-4 hours.
2. Prepare the dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a small saucepan
over medium heat. Bring mixture to a rolling boil while stirring often with
a whisk, then remove the pan from the heat to cool. When dressing has
cooled, pour it into a covered container and chill.
3. When chicken breasts have marinated, preheat barbecue grill to high heat.
Grill chicken for 3-4 minutes per side, or until done.
4. Combine the romaine and iceberg lettuce, red and green cabbage and 1 cup
of shredded carrots in a large bowl with the dressing. Toss well.
5. Divide the tossed greens among four plates. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of green onions
over each salad, followed by 1/3 cup of crispy chow mein noodles.
6. When the chicken breasts are done, slice each one, widthwise, into bite-size
pieces. Sprinkle the sliced chicken breasts over each salad.
7. Place a 1/4 cup pile of shredded carrots in the center of each salad.