• May 9—South Mississippi Gain on
Forage Bull Test Sale, Tylertown, MS
• May 11—Beef Cattle and Forage Field
Day, North Mississippi Branch Experi-
ment Station, Holly Springs, MS
• May 15—Cattlemen’s Exchange
(Winona group) - Tour of Hull Farms
and Riverdale Ranch, Meet at Vaiden
truck stop, Vaiden, MS, 3:30 p.m.
• May 19—Beef Cattle Source Verifica-
tion Short Course, distance educa-
tion sites throughout MS, LA, and AL,
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
• May 27—Mississippi Gelbvieh Asso-
ciation annual field day, Lake, MS
• June 17—Mississippi Angus Associa-
tion annual field day, Leveck Animal
Research Center Beef Unit, MSU
campus, Mississippi State, MS
• June 26-28—Mississppi Junior Cattle-
men’s Association Making Tracks
Leadership Camp, Mississippi State
• August 4—Brown Loam Branch Ex-
periment Station field day, Raymond,
Inside this issue:
Harlan and Dorotheann Rogers
Honored as BIF Pioneers
BIF Honors Dave Pingrey with
Notable BIF 2006 Quotes
MBCIA Membership Application
BCIA Management Calendar
Beef Improvement Federation Convention Highlights
• Nearly 500 attendees from 32 U.S.
states, Canada, and South Africa partici-
pated in the Beef Improvement Federa-
tion (BIF) 38th Annual Research Sympo-
sium and Annual Meeting in Choctaw,
MS on April 18-21, 2006.
• 124 BIF convention attendees were
from Mississippi .
• 6 golf teams teed of in the BIF golf tour-
nament at Dancing Rabbit Golf Club.
• 15 ladies participated in the BIF 2006
spouses tour of Meridian, MS.
• 94 people toured the Mississippi beef
industry on the
last day of the
stops at the Mis-
tural and Forestry
tion Leveck Animal Research Center, EE
Ranches, Inc., the Gaddis Farms, and
the Mississippi Agriculture and Forestry
Jack Evans of EE Ranches, Inc. in Wi-
nona, MS was elected to the Beef Im-
provement Federation Board of Direc-
tors in an at-large producer position.