Buttafly Communications /Summer Youth Term (ages 5-18) / Call for Proposals
Okay…here is a breakdown of how you should submit your proposals to Buttafly
Proposal Check List
___ a completed cover sheet for each course proposal
__ a course description (look on our website for examples of course descriptions)
___a course syllabus
___A brief bio
___/photo/blurb for inclusion on our Website and in our catalogue.
___ list of course materials/ course texts
Buttafly offers a cadre of courses which we plan to offer via a talented and diverse group of committed
writers/artists/ and instructors.
Proposal Deadline/ Response
Proposal Deadline is June 20, 2009. Expect an email or letter informing you of the status of your
proposal no later than June 30, 2009. . Summer Term (July 6th- August 21st) Note: a class may be
canceled due to low enrollment or you may be asked to adjust your workshop preferred timeframe.
If my workshop is included, then what happens?
You are informed that your proposal has been accepted, we market it, if it receives a decent response,
you’ll receive a contract to teach it. (All selected youth instructors will undergo a comprehensive background check, as
you will be working with youth between the ages of 5-18).
The instructor receives 70% of the total workshop gross. Buttafly receives the remaining 30%. (Please
note)- The rate for the Summer Arts Series is 5.00/ per two –hour workshop, per participant, up to 25
participants per workshop.
(Buttafly utilizes community partners (Churches, Community Centers/Organizations) to house its
Summer Arts Series).
Any questions? Call 502-526-5780,
or email Buttafly at email@example.com