UNITED STATES SENATE
COMMITTEE ON THE JUDICIARY
QUESTIONNAIRE FOR NOMINEE FOR THE SUPREME COURT
1. Name: State full name (include any former names used).
2. Position: State the position for which you have been nominated.
Associate Justice, United States Supreme Court
3. Address: List current office address. If city and state of residence differs from your
place of employment, please list the city and state where you currently reside.
Department of Justice
Washington, D.C. 20530
4. Birthplace: State date and place of birth.
April 28. 1960. New York, New York.
5. Education: List in reverse chronological order each college, law school, or any other
institution of higher education attended and indicate for each the dates of attendance,
whether a degree was received, and the date each degree was received.
Harvard Law School, 1983-86, J.D. magna cum laude 1986
Worcester College, Oxford University, 1981-83, M.Phil. 1983
Princeton University, 1977-81, A.B. summa cum laude 1981
6. Employment Record: List in reverse chronological order all governmental agencies,
business or professional corporations, companies, firms, or other enterprises,
partnerships, institutions, or organizations, non-profit or otherwise, with which you have
been affiliated as an officer, director, partner, proprietor, or employee since graduation
from college, whether or not you received payment for your services. Include the name
and address of the employer and job title or description.
Solicitor General, Department of Justice, Washington, D.C. 20530, 2009-present
Professor and Dean, Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA 02138, 1999-present (2003-
09 as dean, 2001-present as professor (currently on leave), 1999-2001 as visiting
Deputy Assistant to the President for Domestic Policy and Deputy Director of the
Domestic Policy Council, Executive Office of the President, Washington, D.C. 20502,
Associate Counsel to the