Service Repair Manual
325D FM EXCAVATOR
Model: 325D FM EXCAVATOR C8L
Configuration: 325D Forest Swing Machine Butt-N-Top Log Loader High Wide Undercarriage C8L00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY C7 Engine
Disassembly and Assembly
Engines for Caterpillar Built Machines
Media Number -RENR9218-13
Publication Date -01/06/2014
Date Updated -04/06/2014
Camshaft - Remove
SMCS - 1210-011
Timing Pin Adapter
A. Remove the vibration damper and the pulley. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Vibration Damper and
Pulley - Remove and Install".
B. Remove the rocker arms and the pushrods. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Rocker Shaft and
Pushrod - Remove".
C. Remove the front cover. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Front Cover - Remove and Install".
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
1. Use Tooling (B) to reposition the valve lifters out of the way.
2. Ensure that the No. 1 cylinder is at the top center compression stroke. Refer to Testing and Adjusting,
"Finding Top Center Position for No. 1 Piston". Install Tooling (A) in the flywheel.
3. Ensure that the timing marks on the following gears are aligned: the camshaft drive gear, the idler gear and
the crankshaft gear.
325D Forest Swing Machine Butt-N-Top Log Loader High Wide Undercarriage C8L0...
4. Rotate camshaft gear (1) in order to access bolts (2). Remove bolts (2) .
5. Remove thrust plate (3) .
6. Remove camshaft (4) from the cylinder block.
Copyright 1993 - 2020 Caterpillar Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Private Network For SIS Licensees.
Tue Jun 16 08:09:27 UTC+0800 2020
325D Forest Swing Machine Butt-N-Top Log Loade