<p>Test Bank For Organizational Communication-
Approaches and Processes 7th Edition by
Katherine Miller, Joshua Barbour Test Bank
Click link below to buy:
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What student Can You Expect From A Test Bank?
A test bank will include the following questions:
Organizational Communication- Approaches and Processes 7th Edition by Katherine
Miller, Joshua Barbour Test Bank
Chapter 6Critical Approaches
1. Critical theorists do not consider organizations to be sites of domination.
2. Critical approaches to organizational communication have their philosophical roots in the
work of Karl Marx.
3. Scholars taking a radical-critical approach to power believe that there are inherent
contradictions between the "surface structure" of power and the "deep structure" of
4. Feminist scholars argue that the matriarchal nature of most organizations leads to the
marginalization of women.
5. A traditional approach considers power as a product of communicative interactions and
6. The dialectic of control suggests that people can free themselves from control by using
the same mechanisms that had worked to oppress them.
7. In a hegemonic relationship, the controlled group accepts, but does not actively
participate in, the control process.
8. The ultimate goal of the critical model is emancipation.
9. Standpoint feminists believe that remedies for female subordination should come from
within the system.
10. According to Deetz, critical scholars should appreciate the irony and