CITY OF CAMAS
Union Status: Represented
COURT SECURITY OFFICER
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the
class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Under general supervision, to perform a variety of duties involved in the enforcement of security and safety
guidelines within the Municipal Court; arrange and assign duties and operations of a municipal work crew;
and to perform a variety of tasks relative to the assigned area of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION STATEMENTS
The following tasks are typical for positions in this classification. Any single position may not perform all of these
tasks and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here:
1. Perform duties in the enforcement of security and safety of the municipal court including taking
persons into custody, searching persons, issuing citations for violations in court, and transporting
persons to jail.
2. Provide security to judges and other court staff as required.
3. Assess needs and requirements within the City and County for community work crews; assign and
oversee activities of the community work crew.
4. Maintain communications via radio with other officers and dispatch ensuring compliance with
established policies and procedures.
5. Operate a police emergency vehicle in the performance of duties including deliveries and the
transport of persons to and from the court.
6. Prepare and maintain records, files and logs related to court services as required.
AUXILIARY FUNCTION STATEMENTS
1. Perform on-call clerical duties for the police department including answering phones, customer
service, and dispatching calls for police service.
2. Follow all safety rules and procedures established for work area.
3. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Operations, services and activities of a municipal court system.
Principles and pract