Solvent free neoprene
primer in water
dispersion with very
low emission of
WHERE TO USE
All-purpose primer to improve adhesion of levelling
compounds on all absorbent and non-absorbent
surfaces and to reduce the absorption of very porous
Some application examples
• To prepare smooth and non-absorbent concrete floors
before the application of MAPEI levelling products
(see products for substrate preparation).
• To prepare anhydrite and gypsum surfaces before
smoothing or applying cementitious adhesive for
• Preparation of cast asphalt, wood, wood chipboard,
floor tiles in order to improve the adhesion of cement
Eco Prim R is a solvent-free neoprene based
single-coat primer in water dispersion. It has excellent
bonding, flexibility, water and ageing resistant
Eco Prim R is an easily applicable, ready to use white
coloured latex. It is applied by brush, roller or flat trowel.
Eco Prim R is not flammable and the VOC content is
practically zero, certified by the TFI German Institute, so
it is absolutely harmless to the health of the installer
and the end-user of the areas where applied. It can be
stored with no particular precautions.
• Apply Eco Prim R only on internal flooring.
• Use Primer EP or Mapeprim SP on magnesium
• Apply Eco Prim R only on moisture-stable wood.
• Do not apply Eco Prim R on substrates subject to
• Stir Eco Prim R before using.
Preparing the substrate
Substrates must be uniformly dry, sound, free of dust,
loose particles, cracks, paint, wax, oil, rust, traces of
gypsum or other products that can interfere with
The moisture content must be as follows: for cement
substrates, a maximum of 2.5%-3%; for gypsum- or
anhydrite-based substrates, a maximum of 0.5%
National recommendation must be met.
It is essential to make sure there is no rising damp
Floating screeds over layers of insulation