An Instant Download eBook
Build or Remodel
Your Own House
Save 25% without
Lifting a hammer
Be the General Contractor
Author of the best seller
“Be Your Own House Contractor”
With Color Photos
And Valuable Coupon$!
Step by Step Learn How to:
• Get Started
• Select Land Wisely
• Find & Read House Plans
• Establish a Budget
• Estimate Building Costs
• Find Good Subcontractors
• Get a Discount on Materials
• Schedule the Work
• Obtain Financing
• Get Permits
• 85 pages of fun
Learn the true cost to build!
Take Advantage of Any
Housing Market Condition!
Table of Contents
Introduction (pg. 1-2) the six most frequently asked questions ▪ why you can save money
in good or slow housing markets.
1. Be your own general contractor and save: (pg.3-9) what you need to know ▪ time
involved ▪ alternatives to being your own general contractor.
2. Where to start: (pg.10-19) a budget comes first ▪ land is the second step ▪ the house plans
▪ cost estimate, appraisal, and decision!
3. Cost estimating: (pg.20-28) the process of estimating ▪ Cost breakdowns ▪ using
4. Financing: (pg.29-32) how a construction loan works ▪ paying for the land.
5. Further preparations: (pg.33-35) inspections required ▪ final details.
6. Subcontractors: (pg.36-42) those that you will need ▪ finding your subcontractors ▪ how to
pay your subcontractors ▪ how to get them to do your job first.
7. Suppliers: (pg.43-46) finding your suppliers ▪ how to pay your suppliers ▪ how to get
8. Building the house: (pg.47-67) the steps explained.
9. Additions, remodeling, or complete teardowns: (pg.68-77) building an addition
▪ renovation or restoration ▪ tearing down