CREDIT CARD APPLICATION
MILITARY PERSONNEL ONLY
Six Easy Steps to Complete
Steps for new applicants:
1. Step One: Traveler (resident/fellow/GME staff) will gather the required information and
the program coordinator will initiate an email request to RMD DTS-Credit Card
personnel and cc GME. The email request must include:
a. Traveler applicant’s SSN
b. Traveler applicants email
c. DoD Statement of Understanding (Initialed/Signed-Applicant & then by
d. CITIBANK Travel card training certificate (evidence that traveler has completed
Training can be found at: (Click on Travel Charge Card)
If any problems, RMD-DTS will notify GME.
2. Step Two: RMD-DTS Credit Card Coordinator submits requests for application to
CitiBank with travelers name SSN and email address
3. Step Three: Bank sends email to traveler with link to online application (Note: this is
why it is critical to have the correct email address for the applicant.)
4. Step Four: Traveler completes online application and fills in required information and
email address of COMPANY COMMANDER or 1SG (app says Supervisor but it needs
to be the COMPANY COMMANDER or 1SG), for approval to be a card holder; when
asked for the “Verification Info” enter the last 4 digits of the applicants SSN.
5. Step Five: Company Commander or 1SG approves (or disapproves) and the
notification comes back to the DTS office for finalization and acceptance to CitiBank.
Upon acceptance, government credit card will be mailed.
*Please note: applications that "sit" too long and are not approved by military company
commanders are dropped from the system and the process has to start over.
CITIBank 5 Steps
Email with info to RMD
RMD submits request to
CITIBANK sends email to
Traveler completes online
The Company Commander or 1SG then approves