“Learn to Channel Surf” With the New CentralPipeline
The New CentralPipeline allows you to customize your portal “experience” by adding
tabs and channels that interest you.
Overview of Adding Tabs and Channels
To modify tab and channel properties or to add new tabs and channels to the layout, you must access
Manage Content/Layout page. To do so, use the following procedure:
1. In the top left-hand corner of the page, above the system tabs,
locate and click on the Content/Layout link.
2. You see the Manage Content/Layout page, which allows you to
change aspects of your user layout, such as adding tabs, moving or deleting channels, etc.
3. To change options, locate the image of the system layout. This image allows you to modify elements
using the following buttons:
Allows you to add a new content tab to your layout.
Allows you to add a new column to the layout of a selected tab.
Allows you to select a column to move horizontally in the layout of a
selected tab and to change the widths of the columns on the selected
Allows you to add a new channel to the selected tab in a specified
Allows you to move a tab horizontally in the display, a column
horizontally in a given tab, or a channel horizontally across columns or
vertically within a column.
The image also provides a minimized representation of each channel that is
contained on the selected tab. In addition to providing the ability to move the
channel horizontally or vertically, this image allows you to delete the channel from
the tab by clicking the Remove button ( X ). To select the channel to edit it, you
click the Select button (pencil). You will then see a list of options allowable for the
channel, such as deleting it.
Add tabs to the layout
1. Access the Manage Content/Layout page
2. To add a tab, locate the image of the system layout and click the Add New Tab button.
3. You see a list of steps for adding the tab, which includes the following options:
Name the tab: