10 Tips for Healthy Aging
1. Eat a balanced diet, including five helpings of fruits and vegetables a
2. Exercise regularly. (check with a doctor before starting an exercise
3. Get regular health check ups.
4. Don’t smoke. (Its never to late to quit)
5. Practice safety habits at home to prevent falls and fractures.
6. Stay in contact with family and friends. Stay active through work, play.
7. Avoid overexposure to the sun and the cold.
8. If you drink, moderation is the key. When you drink let someone else
9. Always wear your seatbelt in a car.
10. Keep a positive attitude toward life. Do things that make you happy.
The above information provided by the National Institute on Aging.
The Stay Healthy Program is sponsored by the California Department of Aging.
For senior services and programs available in your local area call 1-800 510-2020 TTY 1-800-735-2929.
by Taking Care of Yourself
Health Aging is Common Sense!