Service Manual: 1996.-.2001
1.8L turbo, 2.8L,
including Avant and quattro
Retail price: $109.95
Bentley Stock No. A401
Audi Literature Number:
1524 pages, 4261 photos,
illustrations, and diagrams
Softcover, 8-3/8" by 11"
Information that makes the difference.®
www.BentleyPublishers.com • email: email@example.com
Bentley Publishers, 1734 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138-1804 USA
Tel: 617-547-4170 • Toll Free: 800-423-4595 • Fax: 617-876-9235
Detailed exploded views
including engine air filter
The Audi A4 Repair Manual: 1996-2001 is coming soon! Covers Audi A4 models built
on the Audi "B5" platform. Does not include Audi S4 (sports model). This manual has been
prepared using selected factory service information with the added benefit of suggestions,
tips and clarification of various procedures. Bentley repair manuals provide clear and
comprehensive service and repair procedures. If you're looking for better understanding of
your Audi A4, look no further than Bentley Publishers.
1.8L turbo gasoline
(engine codes: AEB, ATW, AWM)
(engine codes: AFC, AHA, ATQ)
(transmission codes: 012, 01W, 01A)
(transmission code: 01V)
Engine coverage; from basic service to
cylinder head removal and installation.
Wiring diagrams for A4 and
S4 models and systems.
• Maintenance procedures: from routine oil changes to ribbed belt replacement.
• Engine and cylinder head service, including timing belt and camshaft replacement.
• Component testing, removal and installation for engine lubrication, cooling, and exhaust
• Turbocharger service, removal and installation, and intercooler components.
• Fuel supply system service, including fuel pump delivery volume test, electrical checks,
EVAP system, as well as mechanical and electronic throttle control (E-gas).
• Fuel injection and ign