Design a Birthday Card for the NHS – Guidelines and Rules
The National Health Service (NHS) is celebrating a special birthday this year.
The NHS was created in 1948 and will be 60 years old in July. The NHS
employs 1.3 million people. It is responsible for funding healthcare, which is
free at the point of need. The NHS provides hospitals, ambulances, hospitals
and community health services.
We would like to invite children and young people in Portsmouth to design a
birthday card for the NHS. An entry form is available to download from
www.portsmouthcitypct.nhs.uk and in addition will be distributed through local
Children’s and Families services.
• Entrants must be aged Under 12 on 6/6/2008. There are three age
categories: under 5’s; under 8’s and under 12’s
• Entrants must live in Portsmouth.
• Entrants must have the consent of their parent/guardian to enter the
• Entrants agree to use of the design and images within it with in the
PCT Annual Report.
• Entrants agree for their design to be displayed with their name and
school (if applicable)
• Entries cannot be returned
• Entries must be designed on the Entry Form, which is A5 size
• The closing date is Friday 6 June 2008. Entries must be received by
• Entries must be sent to NHS Birthday Card, Finchdean House, St
Mary’s Hospital Milton Road, Portsmouth PO3 6DP
• Children closely related to the competition judges are excluded from
• Children of other staff are not excluded, providing they meet the other
The judging panel from Portsmouth City tPCT will look for appealing designs
which show creativity and are appropriate to the occasion. The judges’
decision is final.
The PCT may wish to use images from one or more of the winning entries in
the Annual Report 2007/08.
There are four levels of prize to be awarded in each age category.
• Portsmouth Historic Dockyard family ticket
• Bluereef Aquarium family ticket
• 4x1 bowling voucher