instructor_creating certificate templates_v1.doc
Quick Start Guide:
Creating Certificate Templates
Certificate AX allows instructors to create end-user printable, customized
certificates of achievement. The certificate must be defined before designing the
template, which can be created by uploading a PDF form or by using the simple
1. Enter a course.
2. Click the Control Panel link.
3. Click the Manage Certificates link.
4. Click the Manage Certificate Definitions link.
1. Click the Template button for the certificate being designed.
1. On the Customize Certificate Template page, select either the PDF Form
option or the Simple Form option.
If you are designing the certificate using the PDF Form option, click the
Browse button and upload the PDF form.
Fields, such as x_name_x, x_certificate_name_x, x_award_id_x,
x_course_id_x, x_date_awarded_x, and x_expiration_date_x, should be
assigned to the PDF form to ensue that the proper data is included
when the award is granted.
If you are designing the certificate using the Simple Form option:
a. Adjust the Bold, Font Size, and Skip fields as needed.
Font size is indicated in points while Skip, which is the space
between the lines, is indicated in pixels.
b. Modify the text in the text fields as needed.
Fields, such as @awardid@, @name@, and @title@ should be
assigned to the Simple form to ensue that the proper data is
included when the award is granted.
4. To add a JPEG, GIF, or PNG image to the PDF or Simple form template,
click the appropriate Browse button to upload the image as a
background, upper-left, upper-right, lower-left, or lower-right image.
Preview and Submit
1. To preview the template, click the Preview button.
If done, click the Submit button.
In this scenario, you will:
• Navigate to the Manage
Course Certificates page
• Design the template using a
PDF or t