Guess Chemistry 1st year
● What are monoisotopic elements? Give the name and symbol of such an element.
● Calculate gram atoms. In 0.1 gm of sodium (at mass of sodium =23)?
● Differentiate between actual yield and theoretical yield.
● Why theoretical yield of a chemical reaction is greater than the actual yield.
● How is the efficiency of a reaction expressed?
● 23 g of sodium and 238 g of uranium have an equal number of atoms in them.
● No individual Neon atom in the sample of the element has a mass of 20.18 amu
● Write a detailed note on. i) Avogadro’s number ii) Molar volume.
● Define stoichiometry. Give its assumptions. Mention two important laws which help to
perform the stoichiometric calculation.
● What is a limiting reactant? How does it control the quantity of the product formed?
● Define yield. How do we calculate the percentage yield of chemical reactions? Also
mention the factors which are responsible for low yield of products.
CHAPTER NO. 2
EXPERIMENTAL TECHNIQUES IN CHEMISTRY.
● State distribution law.
● What do you mean by solvent extraction? Which law controls it?
● Differentiate between stationary and mobile phase used in chromatography.
● Write down the uses of chromatography.
● What is chromatography and R1 value?
● Write down the main characteristics of a solvent selected for crystallization of. Of a
● Why is there a need to crystallize the crude product?
CHAPTER NO. 3
● Explain the plot of PV versus P is a straight line at constant temperature and with a
fixed number of moles of an ideal gas.
● Write an expression for the kinetic equation and root mean square velocity of gases.
● Why do pilots feel uncomfortable berating in an unpressurised cabin?
● Derive Boyle’s law from KMT.
● Write two uses of plasma.
● What is Kinetic molecular theory of gases? Give its postulates.
● State and explain Boyle’s law and verify this law by an experiment.
CHAPTER NO. 4
LIQUIDS AND SOLIDS.