FIRST AMENDMENT OF LEASE
THIS FIRST AMENDMENT OF LEASE is entered into this the 21st day of April 2000 by and between
AVCO CENTER CORPORATION ("Lessor") and J2 COMMUNICATIONS a CALIFORNIA
R E C I T A L S :
WHEREAS, Lessor and Lessee entered into a Lease dated August 4, 1995 for that premises known as 10850
Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1000 consisting of approximately 3,912 rentable square feet.
WHEREAS, Lessor and Lessee entered into an Addendum to the Lease dated September 26, 1995 for that
premises known as 10850 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1000 consisting of approximately 3,912 rentable square
WHEREAS, Lessor and Lessee desire to further amend the Lease as hereinafter set forth;
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises contained herein and the mutual benefits to be
derived therefrom, notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Lease, Lessor and Lessee agree as follows:
1. Lessor shall amend said Lease to extend for Five (5) years commencing on October 1, 2000 and expiring on
September 30, 2005.
2. The rental rate for the extension term shall be as follows:
3. Change Additional Rent Base Year to the year 2001.
4. Tenant Improvements as follows: replace wall covering in conference room, change out ceiling tiles and light
fixtures, replace carpeting (Tenant has the right to choose two (2) carpet colors/patterns.) and top set and paint
suite. Tenant has the right to choose 2 colors of paint, 1 color per office. All materials are to be building standard.
5. Broker commission 2% to West Mac Commercial, James K. Stanfill.
6. Tenant shall be notified of space available on the 10th floor. If the Landlord elects not to use such space and if
Tenant is not in breach of any terms of the Lease, then Tenant shall have the right to Lease such space on terms
and conditions to be agreed upon by the parties. If Tenant intends to exercise its right then Tenant shall notify
Landlord in writing within five
(5) business days of notific