8 Ways To Host Your Site
There are 8 basic types of the web hosting available in the market today. Hosting even by IT standards, is not considered exciting, if it was a country it
would be Belgium. If it was another business it would be fleet car leasing, where shared hosting would be company car pooling. Dedicated, leasing of
cars to a sales force on a rolling annual rental contract or lease agreement. Like the gold rush in the Sierra Nevada in 49, nobody pays much attention
to the stores the picks and shovels, but this is a mistake it can be vital to your sites success. It is crucial to security and in vital if maintaining site
integrity, to have a hosting partner who will grow with you and react quickly and decisively to resolve problems when they arise. A good host can even
be a source of revenue for your site.
1. Dedicated Server – rental as well as the exclusive use of an internet connection, server and software
2. Shared hosting – Multiple websites are being hosted on just one remote hard drive and server
3. Reseller hosting – reselling of hosting accounts for another web host under a brand of your own. You determine the pricing structure and other
aspects of the offer.
4. Virtual Private Server - You are not renting a real server, but you are rather splitting hardware with the other virtual servers running on the same
machine. Many self contained virtual server can exist on one rented remote server.
5. Free hosting – Service usually offered by ISP’s or compensated with advertisements on your website. Free hosting usually offers little or no
support, bandwidth, space, or the free scripts or site building features you enjoy with shared and dedicated hosting.
6. Managed Hosting - Expanded dedicated web server hosting. In dedicated servers, the client has to take care of his or her own server but in
managed hosting, the provider would have the responsibility of doing that Unmanaged Hosting - Total remote control administration of your web
server. The server's technical aspects are controlled by the d