CCNA 4 Module 6 V4.0
1. Which two statements about DSL are true? (Choose two.)
users are on a shared medium
uses RF signal transmission
• local loop can be up to 3.5 miles (5.5km)
physical and data link layers are defined by DOCSIS
• user connections are aggregated at a DSLAM located at the CO
2. Which two Layer 1 requirements are outlined in the Data-over-Cable Service
Interface Specification (DOCSIS)? (Choose two.)
• channel widths
maximum data rate
• modulation techniques
3. Which two statements are valid solutions for a cable ISP to reduce congestion for
users? (Choose two.)
use higher RF frequencies
• allocate an additional channel
• subdivide the network to reduce users on each segment
reduce the length of the local loop to 5.5 kilometers or less
use filters and splitters at the customer site to separate voice from data traffic
4. A technician has been asked to configure a broadband connection for a teleworker.
The technician has been instructed that all uploads and downloads for the connection
must use existing phone lines. Which broadband technology should be used?
5. After conducting research to learn about common remote connection options for
teleworkers, a network administrator hasdecided to implement remote access over
broadband to establish VPN connections over the public Internet. What is the resultof
A reliable connection is established at greater speeds than what is offered from dialup
over POTS. Security is increased, but username and password information are sent in
• The connection has increased security and reliable connectivity. Users need a remote
VPN router or VPN clientsoftware.
Security and reliability are increased at a substantial loss in throughput, which is
considered acceptable when supporting asingle user environment.
Reliability and security are increased without the ne