Analyst questions on the the IT Reverse Logistics Repair &
Refurbishment Industry (providing repair and refurbishment
for OEMs in the computer, laptop, PC peripherals and
mobile handset verticals) in Southeast Asia.
OEM acronym for Original Equipment Manufacturer
EMS acronym for Electronics Manufacturing Services
R&R refers to Repair and Refurbishment
L0/L1/L2/L3/L4 refers to different level of R&R.
HDD acronym for Hard Disk Drives
LCD acronym for Liquid Crystal Display
Capex refers to Capital Expenses
IT abbreviation for Information Technology
Indicative product list - Motherboard, Mobile phone, LCD (TV) screen, HDD, etc
To provide insights for better understand on the following areas:
1. Market size
2. Leading markets/geographies
3. Competitive landscape
4. Major buyers/outsourcers (OEMs)
6. Market drivers and key trends
Questions post to focus in following aspects:
1. What is the market size and expected growth (specifically for Southeast Asia)?
2. What is the competitive environment in Southeast Asia for R&R? (for example,
market leaders and level of fragmentation)
(2a) Who are the market leaders? How big are they?
Analyst questions on the IT Reverse Logistics Repair & Refurbishment
Industry in Southeast Asia.
3. Relationship with OEMs (for example, contract structure, selection criteria)
(3a) How are contracts with OEMs typically structured?
(3b) Are contracts with OEMs done at the local, regional or global level?
4. Market Dynamics, for example:
(4a) Changes in warranty rates
(4b) In-warranty vs. out of warranty
(4c) Regional/ National vs. Out of country operations
(4d) L3/L4 level vs. L0/L1/L2 level repair operations
5. Pricing and Profit Margin structure for L3/L4 (depot) repair
(5a) Does the margin vary with product type?
(5b) Any rough estimate of margins by product type?
(5d) Product wise – Price differential for differ