CSD Team-building exercise 2007-08-20
1. Assign one of your team members the task to take notes when you discuss the issues below. After the
exercise, hand over the notes to the teaching team, preferably via email to email@example.com
2. Select a team member the task to give a two minute presentation, when returning to Sal E, of the
most relevant characteristics of the team members. e.g. personal qualifications, backgrounds, cultures,
strengths, weaknesses, ambitions, etc.
3. Let each team member give a brief presentation of him/herself, including what name to be used in
the course, what is the correct pronunciation of the name and what city/district/country is he/she from?
4. The following questions are related to each team member personally:
– Are you comfortable with being a team worker or do you prefer doing things on your own?
Motivate your choice.
In the CSD course you get credits for helping others to learn. What do you think about that? Would
you rather like to maximize your own learning?
– What do you think are essential skills in project management?
– What are your own ambitions: to be a project manager/leader, assistant project manager,
administrator, web-master, info-master, systems designer, programmer, else...?
5. The CSD course has a firm regulatory framework defining requirements on presence, time-reports,
deadlines, deliverables, etc. Are you prepared to sign an acceptance of these course conditions?
6. KTH does not accept plagiarism and other forms of cheating under any circumstances. Are you
prepared to sign that you understand this and that you accept to be expelled from the course if you are
not complying with the KTH ethic rules?