Day 8: EMAIL MARKETING:
Internet is the fastest growing marketing medium today,
simply because most of your prospects spend more time
online than reading a newspaper/magazine, watching TV or
other media. It makes infinite more sense to invest in online
marketing today as it’s cheap and hits your prospects
If targeted correctly and message crafted aptly, e-marketing
can help you deliver the right content to the right prospect at
the right time in the selling cycle and continuously achieve
high response rates from quality prospects. Perhaps, that
would explain why Microsoft sends out over 20 million email
marketing pieces every month.
If you are still unsure, then here are the top 10 reasons, why
you should invest in email marketing right away.
1. Global reach: No matter where you are or whom you need
to reach, targeted emails pave the way. Borders are no
obstacles in email marketing.
2. Lower cost: Costs incurred in designing, executing,
testing, sending and receiving an email is up to 78% less for
a run of 5000 over paper-based direct mail version. When
you add e-mail to your marketing mix, you spend less time,
money and resources than with traditional marketing
vehicles like direct mail or print advertising.
3. Interactive: You can innovatively initiate campaigns using
graphics, videos, music, quiz, game or whatever that will be
of interest to your prospect, to grab his attention and interest
4. Highly personalized: Email enables you to personalize
and greet every person you target. This helps in creating a
special bond with the prospects.
5. Round the clock marketing: With an email the audience
can understand your offering even when you are out of
6. Measurable results: Special tools are available that
accurately measure click-through rate, conversion rate, how
a person one arrived at your website, and more, to enable
you to assess the success of different email campaigns.
7. Targeted marketing: Since prepackaged and custom-built