Hybrid Cars Market Outlook
Publish Date: June 2007 No. of Pages: 55
Delivery Format: PDF Format (Single User) - Minimum 2-Day Delivery
RNCOS report "Hybrid Cars Market Outlook" provides extensive research and objective
analysis of the global hybrid car industry. This report will help clients to analyze the leading-
edge opportunities critical to the success of hybrid car industry at global level. Detailed data
and analysis will help the potential investors to navigate through the evolving market for
hybrid cars. This report reviews the market status and outlook for hybrid technology.
In 2006, hybrid vehicles had the limited presence in the world, but the technology has
potential to register itself as the mainstream one. The only limiting factor in wide acceptance
of hybrids is their high cost.
- US remains the largest hybrid car market that accounted for nearly 70% of global hybrid
sales in 2005 largely due to high oil prices & increased environmental awareness.
- Mass adoption of hybrid cars especially in US will provide immense opportunities for
the hybrid players.
- Toyota & Honda are the leading players in the global hybrid market. In global hybrid car
industry, strategies differ from player to player, Toyota, for example, aims to offer a full
lineup of models by emphasizing on the output power of its hybrid system whereas
concentrates on the development of small cars.
- Because of their higher initial cost, the market share of hybrids is likely to be limited to
half or less than half of all light-duty vehicles even in the long-run, unless policy and
market conditions change significantly in its favor.
Key Issues and Facts
- What are the success & sensitivity factors for the industry?
- What will be the major driving forces for the industry?