ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING SOLICITATION FOR SPECIAL VOLUNTARY
October 3, 2005
To whom it may concern:
WACOAL HOLDINGS CORP.
Yoshikata Tsukamoto, Representative Director
(Code Number: 3591)
(Tokyo Stock Exchange, First Section)
(Osaka Securities Exchange, First Section)
Ikuo Otani, General Manager, Corporate Planning
Announcement Regarding Solicitation for Special Voluntary Retirement
We hereby announce that our Board of Directors, at a meeting held on October 3, 2005, has passed a resolution
to solicit special voluntary retirement from the employees of Wacoal Corporation, a subsidiary of our Group.
1. Reason for Solicit of Special Voluntary Retirement
Wacoal is currently formulating and working on mid-term business strategies to achieve accelerated growth. In
order to revitalize Wacoal and attain new growth, it is essential to maximize the efficiency of our existing
businesses and increase our competitiveness, while actively investing our resources for business expansion.
Based on that premise, we have decided to solicit special voluntary retirement to improve our current labor
(1) Who is eligible: Full time employees of Wacoal Corporation who are 50 years of age or older as of the end of
(2) Solicitation Period: November 21, 2005 - November 30, 2005
(3) Number of Applicants Sought: Approximately 300
(4) Retirement Date: March 31, 2006
(5) Preferential Treatment: Apart from the amount of involuntary retirement allowance to be provided under the
current rules, the Company will provide a special additional allowance according to the employee's age as of the
(6) Support Measure: The Company will internally establish a career counseling center, which will offer a range of
counseling functions and, upon request, individual counseling by an outside specialist at the Company's expense.
In addition, the Company will provide reemployment supp