ARTICLE I. PARTIES
101. THIS LEASE, made this _______ day of JUNE, 1996 by and between SOUTH BRUNSWICK
RENTAL I, LTD., a New Jersey Limited Partnership (hereinafter called "LANDLORD") and
PHARMACOPEIA, INC. (hereinafter called "TENANT").
ARTICLE II. DEMISED PREMISES
201. Landlord leases to Tenant and Tenant leases from Landlord all that certain piece or parcel of land, together
with the buildings and improvements thereon, hereinafter collectively referred to as the "DEMISED PREMISES"
or "LEASED PREMISES" or "PREMISES", known as 2000 Princeton Park Corporate Center and situate at
2000 Cornwall Road, South Brunswick Township, Middlesex County, New Jersey (hereinafter called "LAND"),
which Land is described in EXHIBIT "A" attached hereto, and which space contains in the aggregate
approximately 86,000 square feet of rentable area on the first and only floor of the building (hereinafter called the
ARTICLE III. USE
301. Tenant shall use and occupy the Demised Premises solely for office, manufacturing, and laboratory facilities
and for any other lawful use, all to be in conformance with Code and Ordinance, and for no other purpose.
ARTICLE IV. TERM AND POSSESSION
401. The term of this lease shall begin on the 1st day of April 1997 (the "COMMENCEMENT DATE") and end
at midnight on March 31, 2000 ("EXPIRATION DATE").
402. Tenant represents that the Premises, the street or streets, sidewalks, parking areas, curbs and access ways
adjoining them, any surface and subsurface conditions thereof, and the present uses and non use thereof, have
been examined by Tenant, and Tenant accepts them in the condition or state in which they now are, or any of
them now is, without representation, covenant or warranty, express or implied, in fact or in law, by Landlord and
without recourse to Landlord, the nature, condition or usability thereof or the use or uses to which the Premises
or any part thereof may be put.
403. During the term hereof, Landlord may exercise all Lan