Co-Ed Sauna Rules
-Student Recreation Facility
-Sport & Fitness Center
1. Proper swimming attire is always required
2. CAUTION: Persons with medical conditions should consult a physician before
using this room. The following individuals should not use the steam room; those
with heart disease, diabetes, high or low blood pressure, circulatory or respiratory
problems, seizures, epilepsy, pregnant women, those who are using prescribed or
illegal drugs or under the influence of alcohol.
3. All individuals must shower before using the sauna, and after if planning to
use the swimming pool.
4. No personal belongings of any kind are allowed in the sauna. This includes;
newspapers, magazines and paper products.
5. Lewd or suggestive behavior will not be tolerated.
6. Nobody under the age of 18 are allowed to use the sauna.
7. Alert the Campus Recreation staff if the sauna is not functioning properly.
8. Never exercise while in the sauna.
9. Keep a safe distance from the sauna heater outlets to prevent getting burned.
10. The sauna temperature is hotter on the higher bench.
For your safety, the Campus Recreation staff recommends that you:
• Allow a 5 minute cool down period following exercise and before entering the
• Limit your exposure to 10 minutes per sitting.
• Allow a 5 minute cool down period after exiting the sauna.
• Drink plenty of water before and after using the sauna.
• Remove all jewelry prior to using the sauna.
Lifeguards and Campus Recreation personnel reserve the right to remove any member or guest
from the sauna if he or she exhibits behavior that is believed to be unsafe or inappropriate.
UIC Campus Recreation – Policy Documents