SEVERANCE PAY PLAN
(Effective September 1, 1998)
Dynegy Inc. and its participating subsidiaries and affiliated entities hereby establish the Dynegy Inc. Severance Pay Plan
(defined more completely below as the “Plan”) effective as of September 1, 1998, to provide severance benefits for certain
Eligible Employees whose employment is terminated involuntarily by the Company 1 under certain conditions.
The Company is pleased to provide this Plan to its Employees, and wants you, as an Employee, to know about and
understand it. This Plan has been prepared to let you know how it works and about how it may benefit you. You should read all
parts of this Plan carefully so that you will not only understand the ways in which it may benefit you, but certain exclusions to
coverage and limitations on the receipt of benefits which may apply to you. This Plan supersedes and replaces any and all
Company severance pay policies, plans or other programs providing similar benefits in existence prior to September 1, 1998. As
of September 1, 1998, the only Company severance benefits are those offered under this Plan and any Supplemental Plans
specifically referring to this Plan that are effective after August 31, 1998.
• Only Eligible Employees who satisfy all the requirements of the Plan will receive severance payments.
• Severance payments will be made to Eligible Employees based on their Credited Length of Service.
• Benefits from certain of the Company’s benefits plans may continue if you ask the Company to withhold the cost of
such benefits from your severance pay.
• Severance pay benefits under the Plan are provided solely by the Company at no cost to you other than the cost of
any other benefit plans under which you elect continued coverage. See Subsection IV(D) of this Plan.
• As a condition to receipt of severance pay benefits under this Plan, you must execute an Agreem