Requesting items for Short Loan – a step by step guide for staff
1. Log on to the Library catalogue using your library card number and
Please note that it is essential to log on to the catalogue as this verifies
your staff status and ensures that your work will not be lost should the system
‘time out’ during a period of inactivity.
2. Select the “All Collections” option and run a search for a title you wish to
add to the Short Loan Collection.
Please do not limit your search to “Short Loan” as these records will not
load to the server later in the process.
3. When you have found the title you want click on “Add to My e-Shelf”.
4. A notes field will be displayed. Enter the number of copies you need
transferred to the Short Loan collection. (If this field is left blank 1 copy only
will be transferred).
You can also use this field to add information for your students, e.g. “read pp.
80-112 in week 2”. All details entered in this field will be displayed on the
5. Continue adding titles in this way. When you have finished click on “My e-
Shelf” where a ‘basket’ of the titles you have chosen will be displayed.
6. Select the items in your basket by checking the box to the left of each
individual item or by clicking on “Select All.”
7. Click on “Save/Mail.”
A. Check the box to inform the Short Loan librarian you want these
B. Enter a file name
C. Complete the text box at the foot of the page with the requested
information (Course code, Course title, Department, period you wish
the items to be in Short Loan, and number of students)
D. Click on “Go” when you have completed the form.
The Short Loan Librarian will send confirmation by e mail once the basket has
been received and processed.