Criteria for Non-Auction Allocation of Premium Names - September 2009
Page 1 of 1
Criteria for Non-Auction Allocation of Premium Names
1. The name must be used as the primary URL for a web site, a product site, or a
2. The web site, product, or service cannot contain or promote sexually oriented
material or advertising.
3. The applicant (i) cannot intend to use the name for personal use, (ii) cannot
apply as an individual, and (iii) cannot be a sole proprietorship.
4. The applicant must be able to demonstrate significant traffic, or make an offer
of a one-time payment of no less than EUR 20,000 (does not include annual
registration fees). Significant traffic means average daily unique visitors of no
less than 15,000 (or minimum of 450,000 per month). A proportional mix of traffic
and one-time payment is also acceptable, for example, 7500 unique visitors per
day and a EUR 10,000 one-time payment.
5. Applicant must agree to the other terms of the template agreement (attached),
including a minimum 3 year term and restricted rights during that minimum term.