Chapter 19 Section 1: THE INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
Answer the following guiding questions while reading pages 581-588 in the textbook.
1. When and where did the Industrial Revolution begin?
2. What five factors contributed to the start of the Industrial Revolution?
3. What four inventions advanced the production of cotton cloth?
4. How did the steam engine affect the iron and coal industries?
5. Why did factory owners begin to require workers to work in shifts around the clock?
6. Which three European countries were the first to be industrialized after Great Britain?
7. What two classes of people emerged in society during the Industrial Revolution?