DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & FAMILY SERVICES
STATE OF WISCON SIN
Division of Public Health
HFS 157.88 (1)
PPH 45027 (06/02)
NOTICE TO EMPLOYEES
The Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services (DHFS) has established standards to protect you from hazards associated with radioactive
materials and radiation emitting machines and has established certain provisions for the options of workers engaged in work under a DHFS license or
registration. In particular, the following information is available for your review:
Wisconsin Administrative Code HFS 157; Subchapter III - Standards for Protection from Radiation and
Wisconsin Administrative Code HFS 157; Subchapter X - Notices, Instructions and Reports to Workers
Any other documents your employer must provide, as noted below in “Your Employer’s Responsibility”
These may be found at the following locations :
YOUR EMPLOYER’S RESPONSIBILITY
Your employer is required to:
1. Apply these regulations to work involving radiation sources.
2. Post or otherwise make available to you a copy of the license,
conditions or documents incorporated in the license by reference
and amendments, and/or registration certificate(s) and operating
procedures that apply to work you are engaged in and how their
provisions apply to you.
3. Post any Notice of Violation involving radiological working
conditions, proposed imposition of civil penalties or orders.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AS A WORKER
1. Know the provisions of the Wisconsin Administrative Code
Chapter HFS 157 “Radiation Protection”, the precautions, the
operating procedures, and the emergency procedures that apply to
the work in which you are engaged.
2. Observe the provisions for your own protection and protection of
3. Report unsafe working conditions or violations of the license or
registration conditions or regulations to your employer or DHFS.
WHAT IS COVERED BY THESE REGULATIONS
1. Limits on exposure to radiation and radioactive mate