CASTON - Castable Abutment
The Caston Abutment available in 3.75mm and
4.5mm diameters, manufactured from a precious
metal, which enables the laboratory to fabricate a
custom abutment. Supplied with a plastic sleeve
which can be used to increase height.
Deep Soft Tissue
Incorrectly Aligned Hex
1. From a Transfer Impression
fabricate an Analogue Model
2. Attach the Caston abutment to the Universal
analogue using a Low Profile Screw. Ensure that
the hex is correctly seated.
3. Trim the plastic sleeve so that the post is within
the line of the planned restoration. If additional
height is not required the plastic sleeve can be
removed and the wax applied directly to the Caston
4. Wax up the desired customized post. The neck
can be waxed up in order to obtain a definite
finishing line between the post and the crown.
5. Unscrew the modified Caston abutment and
invest. Cast the abutment in a rich yellow gold alloy
(e.g. Argenco 1 or Degunorm). Following casting
the customized post is finished and polished.