AMENDED AND RESTATED LEASE AGREEMENT
THIS AGREEMENT, effective as of December 1, 1995, amends and restates the Lease Agreement by and
between Russell A. Gerdin, a resident of Iowa
("Lessor") and Heartland Express, Inc. of Iowa, a Iowa corporation ("Lessee")
dated June 1, 1995.
THE PARTIES AGREE:
1. Description. The Lessor hereby leases to the Lessee the following described real estate and improvements, all
located in the city of Coralville, state of Iowa (the "Property"):
(a) Office building at 2777 Heartland Drive;
(b) Office building at 2757 Heartland Drive; and
(c) Storage building at 2757 Heartland Drive (north of Office Building).
2. Term. The term of this Agreement shall be five (5) years from the 1st day of June 1995, to the 31st day of
3. Rent. The Lessee shall pay to the Lessor as rent, at such address as the Lessor may from time to time
designate in writing, the sum of $1,410,000.00 in monthly installments of $23,500.00, each payable in advance
on the first day of each month commencing on the first day of the term of this Agreement.
4. Option to Renew Lease. The Lessee has the option to renew the lease at the end of the term for an additional
five (5) years at the existing monthly rent plus a cost-of-living allowance.
5. Use. The Lessee shall use the Property for general office space and storage. The Lessee will not, without the
written consent of the Lessor, use the Property for any other purpose. The Lessee shall maintain the Property in
compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, and ordinances (collectively,
"Laws") including specifically Laws involving protection of the environment and worker safety. Lessee shall
indemnify, defend, and hold Lessor harmless from and against any violation of Law as well as any liability arising
from the use of or presence on the Property of employees, agents, invitees, or other persons connected with
6. Lessee's Obligations. The Lessee shall: